Friday, May 22, 2009

Aloha Friday


It's Friday! It's Memorial day weekend. Which means only a four day week and work next week. Well it's time for Aloha Friday brought to you by An Island Life. ?Go over and check it out.

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.

Today's Question:

Who is your favorite author and what is your favorite book that they have written?
Today's Answer:
During the summer I love to read. I love Nicholas Sparks and my favorite book is Dear John. Warning it's a tear jerker (but most of his are). I also have to add Stephanie Myer ad the Twilight Series. I just had to pick Sparks because I have been reading him for a long time.

PS. come back to my blog over the weekend for a review of an awesome product.

19 comments:

Kati said...

I tried to send you an email.. but my laptop wont let me. To add the polyvore to your post just log in and click on the set you want to add. On the right there is an option to "embed on your blog".. click on that and use the top option. Copy paste into your post with the html.. it should show up. I would love to have you link up!!

Rita T. said...

I love C. S. Lewis. He wrote a book called, The Screwtape Letters, which I found fascinating. I love deep thinkers.

Tina said...

Brandi:

I LOVE to read.....I also like Nicholas Sparks and enjoyed The Notebook and A Night in Rodanthe. I'm a romantic at heart and always love a good love story.

I also liked the Twilight series. I saw the movie and was a bit disappointed after reading the book!!!! Have you seen it?

kiddiescorner said...

I don't read :( Sad I know but just hate reading. So I love WOman's Day,Fitness, and Parents Mag lol

Sawatzky family said...

I love to many to narrow it down to one! lol
A few great books of recent notice are
The book of Negros
A respectable Trade
The Host

Mighty M said...

Too hard to pick! But a couple that have "stuck" with me are "Blindness" by Jose Saramago and "The Lovely Bones", by Alice Seabold.

Carol said...

I don't have a favorite, I've always liked V.C. Andrews. I like many different kinds of books!

Amy and her little family said...

I also love Nicholas Sparks and Stephanie Meyer!

~Holly~ said...

I have read most of Sparks books but haven't read Dear John so I'm going to now! :) Enjoy your weekend!

Becca said...

I love Nora Roberts / JD Robb. I really got into her Sign of Seven trilogy!

Shari@aPsychMommy said...

I love the Harry Potter series, but my "grown up" book that I like is The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Alicia W. said...

Hands down - Stephanie Meyer

MommyAmy said...

My favorite author is Francine Rivers, she writes Christian romance. Her most well known book is Redeeming Love, but I really like her Mark of the Lion series! So good!

Pamela Kramer said...

Nicholas Sparks and The Notebook

Elle said...

I'm a big Twilight fan, but generally prefer mystery/thriller. Patricia Cornwell, Dean Koontz and David Baldacci

Anissa said...

I really don't have a favorite. I just finished reading the cotton stone series.

AudreyO said...

I love Nicolas Spraks. I love Nora Roberts. I love Danielle Steel. I rotate back and forth who I read. I love reading.

Cadance said...

I'll have to get that for a Summer read....I've been reading The Road by Cormac Mccarthy....SOOOOO sad..I hope it end on a positive note of I don't know what I'll do!!!!

A Wedding Story said...

I like your fav's, but another good one is Celia Rivenbark. She is a southern writer and is hilarious! My favorite is "Stop Dressing your six year old like a skank". Hilarious!