Monday, June 15, 2009

Friend Makin Monday



It's time for Friend Makin Monday brought to you by Kasey @All That Is Good. Today's task is Confessions. While I hate to confess my downfalls I guess we are all friends here so here they are.
  1. I am supposed to be dieting but I cheat a lot. I just can't seem to control it. It really is a habit and sometimes I don't even realize I am doing it until I have almost finished what I am eating.
  2. I let Landon sleep in the bed with us. I know it is not good for him (or us) but it's really hard sometimes.
  3. I don't like it at all when people not just strangers but family too try to tell me whats best for my child or try to get me to do what they did with there children. If I want your opinion I will ask for it.
  4. I am lazy. I hate it. I used to not be lazy at all, I was always very active up until I had Landon. Ever since he was born I have been extremely lazy.
  5. I hate it when people talk to Landon in that high shrieky baby talk voice. It like nails on a chalk board to me.

I have a lot more I could confess but I will leave it at this for now.


16 comments:

Becca said...

Hey there! You have such a cute blog!!

Brace yourself- the more kids you have , the lazier you become...that is the way it worked for me!! Yikes!

Have a great week!

~Becca

Kasey said...

I say when you diet you have to cheat sometimes or you'll just go mad! I mean hello I ate 3 sonic blasts in one day this week! Don't beat yourself up to bad! It could always be worse - I should know!

Lisa said...

Unsolicited parenting advice is soo not fun! And with the dieting thing...I try to stick to it during the week and cheat one weekend day, that's the only way it works for me, that and Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred, super hard but a really quick work out...

Lani said...

Stopping by from sits!
I hate when people tell me how to parent my kids, or do the raised eyebrows when I tell them something about them.. as if they know what's best for my kids better than I do. bleah.
Ignore, ignore, ignore:)

Shawn said...

Visiting via FMM. I'm lazy too and agree with Becca it only gets worse with each child, good thing I only have 2!

High pitch baby talk talkers are the worst!

Alicia W. said...

I feel ya on the : people trying to tell you what is best for your kid stuff. I want to say.. get the hell out of here with that! Do you have your PHD or Written a childrens health book? If not then why should I even take your advise.. That urks me so bad, as you can tell, lol.

Great list girlie!

Lins said...

You're right that our eating is habit...if I can stay dedicated to a diet for a month or so it's not hard to stick with it after that...but the key is not cheating for a month. Yikes!

Great list! Happy FMM!

Tina said...

Brandi:

Great list....

I just hate when people talk like that to babies...LOL

Happy FMM!

Kat said...

I hear you on those! I can't stand that baby voice either. As for dieting I think I've been cheating more than I've been dieting :)

♥ Kenz ♥ said...

People look at my funny sometimes when I talk to kids the way I talk to adults. I'm nice, just not a goo goo ga ga kind of girl. hehe

I think if I ever have kids I'll talk to them like mini grownups too. It's so cute.

Trudy said...

Oy, you better hope I never meet your son then, LOL! I don't do it all the time, but when they're super cute like your Landon is, it's kind of tough for me.

Great list...Happy FMM!

Jessica said...

I think I can understand #3. I predict that when I'm a parent I won't want any unsolicited advice either!

Emily said...

#3..thank you! Seriously, what is with all the unsolicited advice!

Rhonda said...

Hey there!
I've been lazy too lately! What is up with that? I'd rather be in blogland than cleaning!

Great confessions! Can I just give you one piece of advice about him sleeping with you....



Just kidding! ;O)

jenjen said...

Hi Brandi -
Happy FMM! Good list. Being a mom is hard work. You are not lazy, maybe just tired. I feel that way too!

XOXO
Jen

J.J. said...

It is easy to let laziness slip in there after having a kiddo. I have the same problem :) I like what Jen said ...just being tired!