Monday, July 27, 2009

The Relaxing is Over...Until Next Weekend.

This weekend was very nice and relaxing. It's was the first relaxing weekend I have had in a month or two. We are always on the go but this weekend we stayed pretty much around home and it was nice.

Friday night we ate dinner with my sister and niece because they left Saturday morning going to Ohio for a mission trip. Please keep them in your prayers.

On Saturday we hung around home for a while. Then we went to get groceries and Landon and Me went to the mall with my friend Andrea. It was nice to go shopping and get to spend sometime with a friend. Then we came back home and picked up Dustin and went and bought some flowers to plant in our front yard. I have to say that look pretty nice.

Yesterday we went to Dustin's mom's for lunch and to swim.




Then today was Landon's very first day of daycare. I was very sad to leave him but I know he will have a great time.

Ok I have a few questions for you guys. First of all:

Do any of you know any where I can get waterproof labels. I need some to label Landon's things for daycare. I really shouldn't have waited this long but what can I say I am a procrastinator.

Secondly, I have really been debating rather or not to dye my hair blonde. I died it all throughout high school but then I let it grow out. What do you think?

I am looking for a new highchair and car seat for Landon. Any suggestions. Right now we have a booster seat high chair for him and it is getting a little small and our chair is getting very stained. And he is about to out grow his infant seat so I am looking to get a convertible car seat. What do you have have?

Also don't forget to enter my giveaway it ends on Thursday.


8 comments:

Jessica [Mommy to a 3 yr old drama queen] said...

You can get cute labels at Cherry Hill Designs! Im going to be doing a giveaway in the next week or two!

Laura said...

We got the Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat from Toys R Us and we LOVE IT! It is the one and only carseat that we'll have to buy from here on out since the little one can be in it until 50lbs! It can be a bit difficult to install, but we just used a rolled towel under it and it works great.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3091043

Good luck on your search! It can be overwhelming! :)

Cammie said...

Happy Monday.
blah!

Emily said...

Relaxing weekend are alway so....well, relaxing! ;)
I'm not sure which kind of labels you mean, but I got some sippy/bottle labels at inchbug.com
As a blonde, I'd say go for it...blondes have more fun! lol But you also look great as a brunette...I wish I did. You're luck to have a decision to make! lol
I second the Alpha Omega Elite. We have used one for all three kids and LOVED it. They (well, ours at least) goes to 80lbs and converts to a booster for up to 100lbs. I found it very easy to install and adjust as well. Good luck with your search!

Kado! said...

Glad you had a fun weekend!

honestly....I didn't have a high-chair for my first but got one as a gift for my youngest...he used it a little...but I really just love those boosters that secure to your own chair....they work great....and your child is at the table with the rest of the family...I say don't wast your money on a high-chair! AND...they take up so much room!....but if you really want one...i love the look of the Ikea simple wood ones...like the kind you find in restaurants.....I love that vintage-like look....and easy to wipe clean!

Ali said...

I have an Evenflo-something-or-other:) I'm happy with and it does convert to a booster but I'm planning to pick up a backless booster anyway--they're more easy to move around from car to car.

{Jamie} said...

We have two carseats actually, one for each car. I love both and the reviews on them were excellent which prompted us to get those. We bought the Evenflo Triumph advance LX---http://www.target.com/Evenflo-Triumph-Advance-Convertible-Seat/dp/B001H0GEXY/qid=1248885668/ref=br_1_6/184-3905890-3874032?ie=UTF8&node=3579961&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

and ...The Britax Marathon---http://www.target.com/Britax-Marathon-Car-Seat-Crocodile/dp/B000IZ1QO6/qid=1248885668/ref=br_1_14/184-3905890-3874032?ie=UTF8&node=3579961&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

I suggest just search around and read all the reviews. They are always helpful. Good Luck!

~~Mel~~ said...

Glad you had such a relaxing weekend!

Go for the blonde hair...but only of course if you are up to maintaining it...I never dye my hair or get highlights because I can't be bothered touching up roots lol.