Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Taco Soup and Blog Hop.

One of my favorite things to make is taco soup it is super easy and delicious. I included all the ingredients but I don't like beans so I leave those out. This is a great tailgating recipe. So delish. I think I may cook this tonight.


Taco Soup Recipe:

2 pounds ground beef

1 large onion, chopped

1 can pinto beans

1 can black beans

1 can kidney beans

1 can whole kernel corn, drained

1 can diced tomatoes 1 can Rotel tomatoes

1 pkg. taco seasoning mix -(opt.)

2 1/2 cups water or more,


To make soup broth Brown ground beef and onions in a large pan, drain off fat. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for an hour or so. When ready, serve in big soup bowls and serve with taco fixings such as: cheese, sour cream, and scoops.


MckLinky Blog Hop

11 comments:

Jules said...

I think that hubby would love this and so would I! Thanks for posting this recipe :)

Ave said...

Your taco soup looks good!

Lindsey said...

I love Taco Soup! I have a recipe similar to yours and it so yummy! This makes me wish it was cold outside instead of this 100 degree heat.

Heather said...

I can't wait for football season to try out this recipe! Thanks!

Jessica said...

That looks great! Taco soup is a favorite in our house for sure! I love it b/c it is SO easy to make!

I am Harriet said...

Taco soup- wow!

Stopping by via the blog hop to check out your recipe.
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/random-blurbs-and-smores.html

the brown couch said...

Hoppin by to say "G'Day!"

Deborah

ams said...

That looks delish!!

Jen said...

This soup looks really yummy and easy to make!! I think I am going to try it out!!

Kado! said...

OMGoodness!!!! This is one of my favorite soups!!! Only I can't stand ground beef so I always make it vegetarian style and leave out the beef.....but for my husband and kids I cook some chicken breast and onions in a pan first then add them to this soup....they Love it....and it makes the soup much healthier...so you can eat more right!!??!!?? LOL!

Jennifer said...

Just wanted to let you know I made this Monday and we LOVED it! My MIL makes this but I have no idea what her recipe is.

This has just become a must have in our house. Thanks!