Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Baby Story

9.24.08. Dustin and me both took the day off because later that day I was going to the hospital and was going to be induced the following morning. We slept in (which I think that was the last time that we have got to do that), went shopping, ate a early dinner at Logan's and went to the hospital. I am glad that we had a scheduled induction because if I had went into labor at home who know what would have happened.We had a nice night at the hospital that night (well as nice as a night at the hospital can get).


9.25.08.They broke my water around 6am the next morning and shortly after that all of our family started arriving. There were only supposed to be 2 other people in the room besides me. Well we had about 10 at one point. My nurse that day was the incredible. Her name was Lindy and she normal only worked on weekends but was working for someone that day. We were laughing all day that day and she said that we were her favorite family. And that she couldn't kick anyone out because she was having so much fun. I never was in too much pain but I went ahead and got my epidural (not really sure what time this was). Well around 5:00pm my doctor came in and said that I was not progress as much as she would like and for me to think about it for a bit and she would be back to see if I decided to wait a little longer or go ahead a have a c-section. Well around 5:30 she came back and said that it would probably be best if I went ahead and had the c-section so that's what we did. Lindy held my hand in the OR until Dustin was able to come back. I started not feeling so well while I was in the OR (still not really sure why) but anyway finally at 5:56 Landon was born he weighed 6pds2oz and was 18in long. He was having a little trouble breathing so Dustin got to hold him for about 1 minute and then they took him to the NICU while I went to recovery. Finally Dustin and his mom got to go see him in the NICU he had a small pneumothorax (a little whole in his lung) and he wasn't eating very well. My mom, sister, and niece came to see me in recovery (I was doing a lot better).

Around 1am I finally got to go see him surprisingly he was one of the biggest babies in the NICU. He was doing good and so was I. He stayed in the NICU for 2 days his pneumothorax cleared up the next day but he still was not eating well (boy has that changed). He finally came to our room on Saturday night just in time to watch his first Alabama football game. Alabama was playing Georgia and we won 41-30. Landon was there good luck charm.


We left the hospital around lunch on Sunday and it seems like just yesterday. This year has gone by way to fast. Happy "Almost" Birthday baby boy.

7 comments:

WPMomOf2 (jen) said...

Happy First Birthday!! (I love reading birth stories!)

Emily said...

So sweet! This year has flown by for me too!

Kado! said...

the next few years will go by just as fast!!! Have fun each and every second!!!!

Mommy to a lil lady[bug] said...

Happy First Birthday! They go by so quickly!

Kristin said...

It's crazy how fast a year goes isn't it?

Molly said...

Awww, happy birthday to Landon!

~~Mel~~ said...

Don't blink...before you know it he'll be 5 years old...and then 8 years old...time goes by way too fast!

Landon was an adorable newborn!