Thursday, September 17, 2009

Friendship

Have you ever had a friend that you were inseparable from? Then when something changes in your life they never talk to you anymore? Wonder why that is?

Me and my best friend in high school were inseparable we went everywhere together and also asked the other before doing anything. I never once thought that we would not be right there with each other for the rest of our lives. But since I got married we have not done anything together (not once). She did not come to the hospital to see Landon when he was born. But she did get a phone call informing her that he had been born. And she did not come to the funeral when my mom passed away.

I never thought that we would not have a relationship but we don't anymore. Getting married and having Landon were two of the best things that have ever happened to me and someone who I thought I could share everything with wasn't even there with me for one of them. I guess in times like that you get to really see who your true friends are. I have wonderful friends and love them all. And I hope one day my old high school friend will realize that she misses me as much as I have missed her. I am also glad that I have all of you as friends. I truly feel like I have known some of you forever.


"Remember, the greatest gift is not found in a store nor under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends." -- Cindy Lew


8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Doesn't that just suck! I had two really good friends when I was in HS and neither of them came to my wedding + we don't talk anymore really. I'm like you + I've reached out to them only to receive a cold shoulder. I've also noticed once I got married nobody wanted to hang out with us anymore. So weird since we do exactly the same things we did before and we are not a lovey dovey couple.

If anyone has an answer to this I'd love to know!

All I can think of is that they are probably jealous.

The Gardella's said...

I have been there to girl. One of my best friends and I growing up lived together a few years ago, and had conflict. Since then we have not been a part of eachothers lives. It is sad and I have no hard feelings toward her it is just that sometimes you grow apart. Just be happy with the friends that you have and enjoy your little one!

Emily said...

I'm so sorry you guys have grown apart. I never had sisters and my bff from HS is an only child and we always joke that we are each others sisters. We have chosen completely different walks in life, yet every time we talk we are just so in sync. I hope y'all restore your friendship at some point...friendships like that are priceless.

Kari @ p.s. love.love. said...

Had one of those myself. We were even in each others weddings. Then something changed, to this day I still don't know what. We went in different directions. Calls started not being returned, emails not responded to. Strange. It hurts though. When you give that much of your life and time to someone, it's hard when it seems like it was all for naught. Hope you have found others who can share the excitement and joy of your life now.

Paige said...

I went through the exact same thing! It is never a good feeling to have a friend that you think is true until things either get a little rocky for you or you life takes a wonderful turn and they seem to walk out the door. Sometimes, I think this is just being jealous. I could be wrong though. I hate to say that, but it's the feeling that I get about my "friend" sometimes. Hope you have found some "true" friends in your new journey of life!

Kelly said...

I am right there with you, I had a best friend of over 8 years and we graduated and after we lived together, our friendship fell apart. She didn't come to my wedding nor either of my kids births. We talk a little more now, but I am still crushed about the things she missed and things will never be the same between us.

~~Mel~~ said...

How about having a best friend just disappear off the face of the earth..yep she got an abusive boyfriend moved provinces and I haven't spoken to her in over 2 years...I wonder all the time how her and her two little boys are...it's so hard!

Kado! said...

I've been thru the same thing....you really see who your true friends are.