Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dinner is Served (Saved)

I am not the best cook in the world. I try though at least. Well my mom was a wonderful cook. She used to make Dustin and me all sorts of yummy things. Well one of the things she used to make was (Well I don't really know if it had a name) for now we will call it Cheesy Broccoli Chicken with Noodles, anyway it had Macaroni with white cheese, broccoli florets, and chicken. It was delicious. Well I decided that I was going to try and make us some last night. I didn't remember what all was in it until I was half way done with it. I forgot about the macaroni having white cheese not cheddar cheese, I forgot about the broccoli (the macaroni I had bought had broccoli in it but you could not even taste it) but that’s not even the bad part.

Whenever I cook chicken I bake it (but lately I have not liked it this way) or if Dustin cooks it he grills it (which I like). So I asked my sister how I should cook the chicken (for the record I thought I should boil it) well she said just cook it in the skillet and when it's almost done cut it up in small pieces while it is still in there. Ok I thought sounds easy enough. Well I am very surprised that we did not have to call the Fire Department last night. Our house was covered in smoke and I got burnt like five times. I will never do that again. Dustin had to take Landon outside there was so much smoke. I may not be making this dish to much. It was eatable and Landon enjoyed it (at least someone appreciates my cooking).

3 comments:

Kari @ p.s. love.love. said...

I have too many of these stories. It's why I prefer not to cook - though I have a family of four that I need to feed. I prefer baking. If only we could eat dessert for every meal, my family would get fed decent food :o)

Jessica said...

lol I think everyone has these moments. I know i have!

Kado! said...

it is easier to cook in a skillet if you cut the chicken up before you cook it (into strips or cubes)...it cooks faster...and more evenly...also here is a tip...use fat-free italian dressing to keep the pan a little moist...that way you don't add oil that adds fat and calories...and the flavor is so good...goes great with what ever you are gonna put the cooked chicken into....

good luck.