Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Black Friday '09

Do you go shopping the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday)?

One of our local malls used to open up at midnight and they would have some type of entertainment in the food court. My sister took me and a friend one year and I was hooked. It was so much fun but about 3 years ago they stopped opening at midnight and now just open at like 4. Before I got married  my old friend Nickole, and me would take naps like at 6 on Thanksgiving day and wake up like at like 2 to start getting ready to go shopping. I miss those days.It's a little harder now to just get up and go with Landon

The first year we were married, Dustin camped out at Best Buy from 6 Thanksgiving day till they opened on Black Friday and it was raining. I went up there with him for a little bit but I went home and was in my warm bed. He ended up getting 2 laptops, a desktop, a ton of movies, and some other things. So Black Friday is sort of a tradition for us. I have already started looking at the early leaks of the Black Friday ads. I think they will be a lot of good deals.

My dilemma. I have a ticket to the AL/AU game which is that Friday (why did they have to move it to Friday this year?) but I am thinking about selling it so I can go shopping. It's such a hard decision.

Count down to the biggest shopping day of the year and the biggest football game in the state of Alabama. T minus 17 days.


7 comments:

Katie said...

we have a huge outlet shopping center that opens at midnight--and its CRAZY and awesome at the same time. we take naps like you all...and then SHOPPPPP!!
its so fun!!

Christen said...

I went to the Galleria the first year it opened at midnight and I remember it was mass chaos...I didn't find any really great deals, so I didn't go the next year.
I love to shop on black Friday, but this year I'll be with my husband's family & they live in a very small town...the only major store they have is WalMart!
You sure do have a dilemma, I bet you could sell your ticket for a pretty penny & have lots of extra spending $ for black Friday shopping :)

Priscila said...

I’m new here to your blog and wanted to “pop” in to say hi! : )
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

Unknown Mami said...

I have never gone shopping on Black Friday. That's my tradition.

I say do what you want about the ticket. I'm sure you are leaning more one way than the other. Do whatever brings your heart the most joy.

mrs.notouching said...

Working in retail for 5 years pretty much killed all the fun of Black Fridays for me. I will never ever go shopping on that day...*shudder* but if you do could you just say something nice to at least one poor person who works in that mall? Trust me, they will hear nothing nice all day long. This is going to be my second year not working and I am trying really hard to get my holiday spirit back.

Molly said...

I LOVE black friday shopping. I have done it with my sisters and mom for years. Last year was the first time I went here in CA and it was so different. I think people may be a little too snooty to hunt for bargins or something because there were no lines! I was so excited, but at the same time, it takes away from the rush of it all.
I would totally go shopping if I were you. It's only 1 time a year!

kado! said...

LOVE shopping on Black Friday. About 7 years back I got my husband hooked on it...now I have someone to run to starbucks for me..and hold the line for me!!! ;)