Friday, November 6, 2009

Show Us Your Life-Thanksgiving Recipes and Traditions

Today's Show Us Your Life hosted by Kelly @ Kelly's Korner is Thanksgiving Recipes and Traditions

Every year we go over to one of my Aunt's House (my dad has two sisters and each year they swap up and one does Thanksgiving and one does Christmas. Who ever did Christmas last year will do Thanksgiving this year. I think you get the point). Anyway, we all went there last year but I think this year we are going to go to Thanksgiving with Dustin's side of the family. We will still go over and see my family but it maybe the day before or early Thanksgiving morning. We still haven't sorted out those details yet.

We always have the usual Thanksgiving food. Turkey, Ham, Green beans, Mashed Potatoes, and so on. But my favorite thing that my Aunt makes is Cranberry Congealed Salad. I eat it for dessert. So Yummy.

CRANBERRY CONGEALED SALAD


1 (3 oz.) pkg. cherry flavored gelatin

3/4 c. boiling water

1 (16 oz.) can whole berry cranberry sauce

1/2 c. diced apple

1/2 c. chopped pecans


Combine gelatin and boiling water; stir until gelatin dissolves. Add cranberry sauce, stirring until blended. Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg white. Fold in apple, and pecans. Spoon mixture into 6 lightly oiled 2/3 cup molds or custard cups, cover and refrigerate molds until firm.

Unmold. Yields 6 servings.

NOTE: Cranberry congealed salad may be prepared in a 5 cup mold rather than individual molds.

Note: This is not my Aunt's Recipe. Although it is the same. Recipe is from http://www.cooks.com/


3 comments:

kado! said...

thanks for the recipe!

Molly said...

I love Thanksgiving traditions!
I actually think cranberry sauce is so disgusting! I always put it on the table though, because of tradition! It is really fun to slice. :)

Kelly said...

Hi from SITS!

That recipe is great! Thanks!