Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow Day!!

I live in Alabama and it never snows here. We have had one big snow since I was born. I was in third grade and we stayed buddled up inside around a kerosene heater for days and my brother had some camo coveralls for hunting (remember my brother is over 20 years older than me) that I wore the entire time. I had a blast though. We made snow ice cream, I rode a garbage can lid down our hill, and my cousin came to visit (he walked to our house and it was like 5 miles away).

While I loved "the blizzard of '93" I am glad that it hasn't done that again. Especially now that Landon is here. But on Saturday morning we woke up to this.






But of course I still had to go to school.
Boo...

And of course it all mostly melted before I got back home. So I didn't even get to make a snowman or make snow ice cream. But it was so beautiful to look it even if I was looking at it though the window while I was in class.

And it case you didn't know we beat Florida. We won our 22nd SEC Championship and are going to play Texas for the National Championship!! Woo Hoo.. Roll Tide Roll. It's great to be a Bama Fan.

9 comments:

{Jamie} said...

Yes it's true...I cried right along with Tebow But GREAT GAME! You guys deserved it with how well ya'll played! Now I am rootin for ya'll in the BCS!!!

Emily said...

I remember the Blizzard of 93 too! We were forcasted for snow but didn't get any. I totally feel gyped.

Rachel McPhillips said...

RTR!! Headed to Cali!!!!

Taylor said...

brr! love your blog!

Annie said...

haha...you make me giggle! Snow to us here in MI is no biggie...love to see you enthusiasm about a little dusting of snow :)...lol

Shay said...

I so wish it snowed here! I am even thinking of taking a trip in February to see snow! At least you got to see it =-)

Sara Joy said...

Ohhhh man, I wish you could have played in the snow!!!! We get some every year and I LOOOOVE it!!!! *Let it Snow* Let it Snow* Let it Snow* Hope you get more *wink*

kado! said...

oh...beautiful!!!! I hope you get more...and I want some too! Still waiting for the first big snow of the year!!!

Christen said...

Your snow pictures are beautiful! All we got was a snow "dusting" on the rooftops.