Thursday, January 21, 2010

15 Month Check Up

Tuesday I took Landon for his 15 month check up (almost a month late but not totally my fault). Anyway, everthing went wonderful. He weighed 22 pounds and was 30.31 inches long. His doctor said that it was time to see a pediatric dentist. I thought it was a bit early for that but she said that they actually changed and want to see them at age 1 now. I think I am going to wait until he is 18 months though. At what age did your childern first visit the dentist? She also said that we could buy a potty and begin introducing it to him. I think that we are going to wait a little while for this too. Maybe start introducing him to it around 18 months also. What age did you start introducing the potty to your childern?


8 comments:

Annie said...

my ped told me that Blake will need to see a dentist 6 months after his first tooth popped through! Seems SO young! He does love brusing his teeth already thought :)

Potty training...well...I'm not event thinking about that yet!! ha

Lisa said...

We didn't do the dentist until my oldest was almost 4...ours wanted all her teeth grown in...I think it probably saved us some trauma waiting that long. My oldest potty trained at 20 mos, my youngest at 28 mos...but 18months may be a little early for a boy
(from what I've heard from friends they potty train a bit later usually) but my girlfriend's son potty trained at 23 mos and it took 3 days :) Go with your gut, don't push either until you feel like he's ready!

Rachel McPhillips said...

Neither of my children have been to the dentist... whoops. I introduced the potty to Addison around 2 years. It took forever to potty train her.

Cassie said...

Our doctor has been telling us to take Jackson to the dentist since he was a year old also, but we have done it yet. I just don't think it's necessary. We might introduce him to the potty in another month or so, we're just going to see how it goes.

Ashley said...

We haven't had to do any of that with Kaidence yet, but my bff's daughter turned 18 months 01/08/10 and she started potty training her then. She is doing very well with it, but I have also heard girls were much easier to poty train than boys.

Megon said...

I was wondering about the first dentist trip, thanks!!

kace said...

we havent even thought of the dentist yet and krew has like 14 teeth! crap. i was wondering about the whole potty training thing... i kinda dread it already:)

♥Kim said...

wow I think introducing the potty to him is a bit way too early!
I've heard & read that by age 18mnths would be the best time to introduce this to him, but only try if he's ready. As far as the dentist goes, I haven't been told that I need to take him yet, but I most certianly want to. But like you said I'd wait maybe til 18 months. I'm a set up an app. for my little one next month. He's got a tootch coming in behind his front top tooth, which is weird to me, but I'm a get that checked out. Good luck. He's getting so big!