Monday, January 25, 2010

I'll Admit It...

I am a hypercondriac (The first step is admitting you have a problem right?). So Saturday my jaw kept popping in and out of place all day long. It does this from time to time but not usually as much as it did on Saturday.

Well yesterday around 5:00, my jaw started hurting so bad that it hurt to open it to try to eat supper. Of course I  go looking on the internet to try to find out what could be wrong (my first mistake). Then I started reading about lockjaw. I wouldn't have thought anything about this but I smashed my finger in our fax machine here at work a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't remember the last time I had a tetanus shot. So I get very upset and start thinking I have it.

Around 8 I decide that I am going to go to the ER. Well after much discussion I decided to go by myself and leave Landon at home with Dustin. As I am walking out the door, Landon is screaming at the top of his lungs. I felt so bad, so I got half way down the road and decided to turn around and go back home.

Once I got home and got Landon calmed down and asleep, I went to sleep. This was around 10:15. About 11:40 I woke up and my heart was racing (I believe I was having a panic attack) So I decided that I would go to the ER then. I got to the ER at about 12:15 and there were about 15-20 people in there. I sat there for about 45 before I even got called to see the triage nurse (which happened to be a guy that I used to hang out with in high school. It was good to see him but at the sametime it was akward (especially when he had to ask personal questions)). Then I went back to sit in the waiting room. I sat there until 2:50 without being called so I went and told him that I had to leave because if I didn't there would be no way I would be at home in time to go to work.

I got back home about 3:10 and went to sleep about 3:30 and slept until 5:15. I am running off of about 3 hours of sleep today. I feel much better this morning and I think that I just may have TMJ. I still may go to the walk in clinic this afternoon but we will see about that later.

Well now you all know my problem. Hi my name is Brandi and I am a hypercondriac.

PS. I only developed this after having Landon before I got pregnant with him I don't think I had been to the doctor (besides my yearly gyn app.) in about 4 years. Since I have had him I probably have been to the doctor about 20 times.

On a happier note. The Saints are going to The Super Bowl!! Who Dat?


4 comments:

Emily said...

Man, what a night. I hope you get it figured out.

Candi said...

my mom has TMJ problems. on my 21st birthday, we spent the night in the ER because she had a little more to drink than she realized...she yawned and her jaw totally locked so badly that she couldn't close it. she had to have muscle relaxers then they popped it back.

i sent your package today...i really hope you and landon enjoy the goodies!

♥Kim said...

What a crazy night, then you didn't even get to see the Dr.
Man I hate ER's, they take FOREVER! I hope you find out what the problem is. Yay for the Saints! :)

♥Kim said...

PS: May I ask who did you layout for your Blog? I love it, It's plaine and simple!